What We Do
Parent Up is a messaging campaign dedicated to keeping children safe from the harms of alcohol. Our campaign is rooted in scientific fact which clearly demonstrates that alcohol is harmful for the adolescent brain (youth from the age of 8 to 20).
Parent Up advocates that:
- It is not acceptable for children to consume any amount of alcohol.
- Allowing minors to drink puts parents and children at risk of health and legal consequences.
- Children may be responsible individuals with many life experiences, but their brains are still rapidly developing until 21 years of age. Alcohol is not safe while they continue to grow.
- Resources to equip you to start conversations with your children, build trust, and help them make smarter, safer decisions.
- Outreach in the Missouri communities to help empower parents to speak to their children about alcohol.
Outreach throughout the Kansas City Northland is helping to keep the area youth safe from the harms of underage alcohol consumption.
We strive to prevent underage drinking by encouraging parents to communicate with their children about the issue. Since parents have the greatest influence on their childrens’ decision to not drink, our mission is to provide parents with the knowledge and resources they need to keep their children safe.
Parent Up is a campaign based in Clay, Platte and Ray counties in and around Kansas City, Missouri that strives to eliminate youth alcohol consumption. Our campaign has been ongoing for the past four years, operating primarily from federal and state prevention grants and funding. The campaign name “Parent Up” originated in Vermont.
Copy-and-paste-ready materials that will help you communicate the key messages of this campaign. Download the Media Toolkit now.
The Parent UP Campaign offers a number of excellent resources for parents and families. Visit our Tools page for more information.
Download the Logo
Download the Parent UP logo for use in handouts, announcements or other printed materials.