You’re not alone in this discussion; we’re here to help.
Download our resources to help you get the conversation started with your children. We have tools for a variety of age groups, trust-building contracts, and further reading on the effects of alcohol and other drugs on youth.
Let Your Expectations Be Known
Get More Advice
Looking for more information? Here are resources from other campaigns doing excellent work to prevent underage drinking and drug use. We highly recommend these resources if you want even more knowledge about youth substance use prevention.
- Get Inside Your Teen and Learn How Alcohol Affects their Brain
- Find expert advice and great tools that help you raise alcohol-free kids
- Excellent in-depth information for parents about helping your teen stay safe and make healthy choices
- Easy-to-use guides and tips to help you have ongoing conversations with your kids about drugs and alcohol
- A comprehensive and up-to-date source of drug information, including drug descriptions, slang terms, short-term and long-term effects, images, and more
- Family Guide on Underage Drinking
- MADD’s Power of Parents: a powerful new resource for parents to think about and develop strategies to address underage drinking in their family and the community
- Think your child has a problem? Get the signs and symptoms of underage alcohol and drug use
- Get Involved in Prevention Efforts in Your Area